Whether you’re a seasoned makeup artist or a novice, this step-by-step Pennywise makeup tutorial (from the 2017 movie ‘It’) will guide you through the process of achieving the perfect eerie transformation.
Watch the Pennywise makeup tutorial here:
Are you ready to unleash your inner clown and create a spine-chilling Pennywise look this Halloween?
From the iconic red balloon to that sinister smile, we’ve got you covered.
Materials you’ll need for the makeup look
Before we dive into the tutorial, make sure you have the following materials ready:
- Face paint: White paint, red face paint and black pigmented face paints are essential for the base and details
- Orange wig: To mimic Pennywise’s fiery hair (or else your own hair will work!)
- Clown nose: No Pennywise look is complete without the iconic red nose
- Red balloon: An optional but impactful accessory
- Makeup brushes and sponges: For precise application
Makeup tutorial for Pennywise
Step 1: Creating the base
- Start by applying a white base with face paint
- Cover your entire face evenly, including your lips
- Don’t forget to set the paint with translucent powder to prevent smudging
Step 2: Pennywise’s eyes and lips
- Eye makeup: Use red paint to draw exaggerated red lines from the corner of each eye, extending towards the temples
- Lip line: Create a sinister smile by outlining your lips with red paint, extending the corners into a chilling grin
Step 3: Styling your hair/ wig
- If you’re going for a hairier Pennywise, use your own hair to frame your face
- Alternatively, put on your orange Pennywise wig for that signature look
Step 4: Accessorise
- Complete your Pennywise transformation with a clown nose
- Inflate and hold onto a red balloon in a vaguely threatening manner (bonus points if it’s helium!)
The great thing about Halloween makeup is that there are so many possible variations on classic looks. Here’s some options if you’d prefer to stand out at this year’s Halloween party,
For a truly terrifying Pennywise, darken the eye area with black face paint and add creepy red lines extending from your eyes. This will give your Pennywise makeup a more sinister edge.
If you want to add a touch of glamour to Pennywise, consider using glitter or shimmering red eyeshadow for a more dazzling yet eerie effect.
Don’t forget your outfit! Here’s our top picks:
Use your own items to put a unique spin on the creepy clown look – don’t be afraid to experiment!
Whether you’re preparing for Halloween or a costume party, this tutorial will help you become the star of the show with your uncanny transformation into the infamous clown.
Don’t forget to snap some photos and show off your spooky skills!